Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Cloud Mystery



I don't know about anyone else, but I find a lot of synergy with this clip;

I think Henrik Svensmark's theory has legs because it does show a link between cloud formation and cosmic rays which has been public since Wilson's work on cloud formation in the early 1900's. I find myself agreeing with most of the content for the following reasons;
  1. The 'greenhouse effect' of water vapour makes the minimal effect of CO2 look positively ineffectual.
  2. The Sun is a variable star and is apparently heading into a prolonged minima.
  3. Svensmark is experimentally demonstrating his postulation, not just using speculative computer models and 'adjusted' data which do not accurately reflect reality.

Interesting stuff. Certainly more credible than the CO2 lobby's "We can't think of anything else it might be".

No comments: