Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finished!

Finallly, after just over five and a half months work I have a completed first draft. 130,000 words, and a consistent storyline with reasonably credible characters. I am so bloody tired I think I could sleep for a week. If it wasn't for Tim Hortons coffee (Which I now prefer to all others), I'd be doing a serious Rip Van Winkle.

Doing a lot of volunteer work right at the moment. Mostly for people who have disabilities and need special equipment. It's hard work and leaves me absolutely whacked, but I do it with a happy heart, so I'm not complaining.

Now the MSS is finished, I think I'll take a break from serious writing while the germ of the sequel arranges itself in my head. Once that process kicks in, I'll write the sequel, and see how that goes.

The Summer has finally arrived here near Nanaimo, and there's such a lot to look forward to; Barbeques, Picnics in the Park, the Bathtub races. Well it amuses me, and that's what counts. Might even get some fishing in, although that tends to be an evening pursuit. The future looks bright. Now where'd I put my shades?

No comments: