Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Off day

Bit of an off day today. Output dropped to 1000 words, and most of that was pretty crap. I know when I'm writing well, and when what comes out of the world in my head is disjointed, clunky and basically rubbish. Today has been one of those days when nothing seems to fit.

Lead character is having a bit of a dilemma which is supposed to alter his motivation. Unfortunately it just ain't happening / not working. I need an alternative scenario consistent with plot and storyline for things to work out. Premises must run to conclusions, by leaps and bounds if need be, but story causality must be consistent with character and plot.

It's on days like these when you begin to question your abilities. When nothing goes right, when your keyboard plays traitor. Loads of typo's and mis-spellings. No fair. At present I just want to curl up in a corner with a bottle of whiskey and wash all the crap out of my head. Then go on the wagon for a week or two. This generally has the effect of either;
a) Clearing all the cruddy, useless storylines out of my head and leaving the good ones gleaming in the sunlight of reason.
Or more commonly;
b) Stopping the whole project dead in it's tracks.

This close to the finish line; b) is unthinkable. I think I need to go fishing. There's just too much craziness and irrationality out in the world which I don't want to / can't be arsed to respond to. I need time to take a break and ignore all the global warming lie crap / Political interference in life. I don't care if what I do is more like dredging weed than fishing.

Time to step away from the keyboard for a day or so.

No comments: