Monday, December 10, 2007

Odd noises

Sitting down and hitting the keyboard with a vengeance this morning when I was disturbed by a muffled tapping noise. Ignored the incessant tapping until it annoyed, then wandered out of the office to see what Wife and Dog were up to and see if I could get them to stop. The moment the office door closed behind me, the noise disappeared. Mildly perplexed, I went back in and sat down. There was that wretched noise again.

Looked around. The noise wasn't coming from inside, it was just outside the window. Took the camera with me to record whatever fault there was with the guttering of the apartment, only to find the Woodpecker as pictured above feeding off the bark of the old apple tree outside the back of our apartment.

Haven't a clue what species it is. I think a trip to the library is in order to see what the local species are.

No comments: