Saturday, October 18, 2008

Amusing myself

While the country of my birth goes to hell in a socio-economic handbasket, I am left to amuse myself. One of these amusements was another Python precursor called "Do not adjust your set" starring three (With one supporting) of the team who were later to be part of the Python team; Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin (And Terry Gilliam as contributing animator) with another Comedy treasure, David Jason, supported by Denise Coffey and the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.

Sadly, most of these early shows were wiped, presumably as 'economy measures' by TV Executives, especially David Jason's performance as 'Captain Fantastic'.

Thank goodness for Youtube. Archive footage of the Bonzo's is rare, but I've found this clip from Do not Adjust your set. Hunting Tigers.

Time for a little fishing I think.

No comments: