Monday, March 31, 2008

Nice weekend

Have just spent a very pleasant weekend on SaltSpring Island with one of my cousins. We dined well, watched the Ice Hockey on TV, saw an AGW ranter get told off by one of the commentators. Life was good.

We have an open invitation to go back to Saltspring any time we like, which is nice. Free accommodation, terrific views, amazing food, although the restaurants sometimes look a bit basic. In particular there is a little place at Vesuvius bay ferry terminal. Sunday's special was a seafood salad sandwich and cup of beef and barley stew. Filling, terrifically tasty, I highly recommend a visit.

I can foresee a lot of weekends spent coming and going during the summer. I have neglected this branch of my extended family over the years, and have much time to make up.

No comments: